This one could do the trick for tomorrow’s intimate Valentine’s dinner or you could simply gobble it up on Wednesday morning with some garlic bread. Here’s what you need for the Hot Mush Salad.
- 10 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 packets of button mushrooms.
- 8 cups mixed baby greens (spinach, rocket, pak choi or whatever’s there in the fridge)
Mix and blend 4 tablespoons of olive oil, vinegar, parsley, garlic and honey in a bowl. Add some salt and pepper (freshly ground, please!). The dressing can be stored in the fridge for a day or more but serve at room temperature.
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add the mushrooms and sauté until they soften and change colour. 5 – 7 minutes is alright.
Lay a bed of greens in a large bowl, tossed with a generous amount of dressing. Add the hot mushrooms from the top and drizzle the remaining dressing.
Garnish with some grated Parmesan, pine nuts and a leaf of parsley. Enjoy it while it’s hot.