India’s playing? Apart from going out to a Sports bar or reclining on the sofa with the T.V. remote in hand, how else do you support the team? Surprisingly, Cricket cupcakes are unusually good when teamed with your celebratory alcoholic concoctions. And when India wins and if some cupcakes are still there in the fridge, you can take them out for a grand celebration.
Here’s what you’ll need to make what one of our colleagues made for the match yesterday. She called them the ‘Cinnapple Muffins’. They were delicious.
- 1 Egg for 6 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of castor sugar
- 3/4 cup of apples
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Line the cupcake tray with cup cake holders.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Whisk the egg well for 5 minutes.
- Add the milk and oil to the whisked egg.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the mixture of the egg, milk and oil.
- Add the cut pieces of apples with the honey and vanilla essence.
- Pour the mixture into the cup cake holders.
- Cook for about 20 minutes at 180 degrees in the oven
- Frost when the cupcakes are completely cool.
Serve them with some Cricket-icing.
– MU & SB