We couldn’t get our minds off the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes the other day. Last week one of our colleagues had come back on Monday with the Cinnapple Muffins. This long weekend proved to be extremely fulfilling too, when we baked some really amazing tasting cupcakes with the following recipe.
(Makes around 20 cupcakes)
– 3 eggs
– 1/3 cup oil
– ¾ cup buttermilk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– ¾ cup sour cream
– Vanilla cake mix
– 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Buttercream:
– 230 grams cream cheese, softened
– ½ cup butter, softened
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 3 cups powdered sugar
– 2/3 cup cinnamon toast crunch powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line pans with 20-22 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, gently combine eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Add cake mix and cinnamon and mix until smooth.
- Stir in lightly crushed cereal.
- Fill cupcake liner ¾ full and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Buttercream: Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add cinnamon toast crunch powder. Add vanilla and powdered sugar. Adjust the consistency using milk if it’s too thick.
- Pipe the icing onto cooled cupcakes and top with cinnamon sugar and cinnamon toast crunch squares and serve.