Love is on its way. And while we are waiting, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to sweeten our expectations. This Chocolate Day, how are you going to indulge your better half? Place a heart shaped box secretly into his or her closet or you two could finally take a day off and go for that much needed chocolate spa treatment. But if you don’t have plans yet here’s what you will need for the Chocolate Fridge Cake:
- 1 large packet of your favorite biscuits
- 3 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 150g of chocolate (plain, milk, white or orange)
- 150g of butter
- A handful of dried fruits, if you like
- Line a shallow square tin with some plastic wrap.
- Crush the biscuits and add the dried fruits if you’re using them.
- Melt the butter, the golden syrup and the chocolate in a double saucepan.
- Pour this chocolate sauce over the crushed biscuits and mix well.
- Place the mixture into the lined tin and level the top using a spoon.
- Put the mixture into the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Turn the cake out onto a chopping board and remove the plastic wrap.
- Cut the cake into shapes of your choice (We’d say go with hearts if you’re good at it).
- Serve it on a clean white plate with two strawberries at the side.
- And ladies, wear the sparkle tonight.
Happy Chocolate Day!
(image source: Booths)