Gentlemen, with season changing, this is just about the right time to add colour to your wardrobe. And we are talking about specific colour today. Pink – which may have enlisted itself as a feminine colour, but when worn right gives just the right breath of fresh air around you. Just look at men around you rocking the colour and rest assured that you too will add the colour to your list.
Just remember these rules and you can never go wrong with the colour –
– If you are just starting with the tone, think subtle – pink tie, socks, and scarves.
– Dress shirts are the easiest way to add pink to your wardrobe. Pair them with basic neutrals like black, blue or khakhi.
– Stay away from pairing the same pinks. Think blush pink shirt with a brighter hued tie instead.
– Wear mid-tone pinks like soft blush or barely there pink for a clean and crisp look.
– Don’t mix it with other icy blue shades.
Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca, Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Inspector Clouseau from the Pink Panther series have all looked the part thanks to their trench coats.
First worn by the soldiers in the First World War, they have come a long way to become essential and aesthetic items in today’s wardrobe. And even though they still may not be very popular in India, Manou, of the ‘wearabout’ blog, photographs them strolling surprisingly on the streets of Mumbai.
Christopher Bailey of Burberry has curated the photographs for the exhibition, ‘The Art of the Trench’ taking place at the Oberoi, Gurgaon from the 3rd to the 12th of February, 2012.
Whether or not, the exhibition ushers the average Indian to wear the coat is an unfinished story. However, Manou’s photographs might serve as a hint to the future of the trench in India.
(image source: GQIndia, wearabout)